This is an update from a blog originally written December 29, 2018. I figured an update would be good right about now as the cold and dreary days are starting to wear.
To me, the most important skill is good communication. If you do not have this you are heading for trouble, even if the problems are small at this time, they magnify themselves eventually. All of a sudden you will notice an increase in stress, untruths being told, children getting involved and hard feelings evolving.
Ask yourself do you have the ability to forgive and forget? Are you able to rationally listen to what your partner is saying? Can you stand united, knowing you are able to talk things out?
Think about the following and then talk:
- Do not talk when you are very angry or hurt. Walk away and cool down.
- Do not go to bed without talking. At least begin to try and determine what the real problems are. You will not solve anything at this point, but you need to make a pact to talk further.
- Do not carry a grudge! What does that help to solve? Communicate! Communicate! Take turns talking. You first, me second! Me first, you second.
- Do not involve children in your arguments, until you determine if the children are all involved or is it one child who is the instigator.
- If new family guidelines need to be established, you may need to get help.#good communication#grudge#angry#
A few good prayers might also help. They cannot hurt.
This blog contains affiliated links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. If you click on any one of my links and make a purchase, I will receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
The above affiliate statement applies to any affiliate.
This blog is a personal informational blog. It contains my opinions, does not reflect the opinion of any organization I am affiliated with. This blog does not contain professional advice, only suggestions, informational ideas and tips. If a readers relies on anything in this blog it is at their own risk. This blog may contain mistakes and errors. I reserve the right to change this blog and change my focus or content at any time.
Information found on this site related to Young Living Essential Oils , is meant for educational and informational purposes only. Not meant to cure, prevent or treat any disease. Statements on this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using these products.