Wrote this blog a little over a year ago and decided to update it so you can focus on where you are now. If you followed any of my thoughts, actions ideas listed below you can consider yourself on your way to becoming an adult. If not it is never too late to start. My adventures, misadventures growing up! A journal for you to put down your thoughts, falling down and picking yourself up and starting over again. It has to come from you.
This blog contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you click on any one of my links and make a purchase, I will receive a commission at no extra cost to you. The above affiliate statement applies to any affiliate.
You are twenty and think the world belongs to you. All wrapped up in a big bow. Problem is now you have to begin looking at the world with the eyes of an adult. Wow! Here are some of the things you need to think about.
- School or training program finished! How much debt do you have?
- Where are you going to be living? Living with Mom & Dad may be your only option right now and there definitely has to be some guidelines. Adults in their 20’s think differently than adults in their late 40’s or early 50’s.
- What time do your parents expect you in? Too much drinking?? What is considered too much??
- Do you have a job ? If no what are you planning on doing with your day? Playing video games all day? I have a feeling that is not going to set well .
- Other discussions between you and your parents, should include what your role in maintaining the household is going to be. You want to talk about what will be your responsibility as far as your meals, your room, your laundry and of course any other costs.
- You may find that you are sensitive and have feelings you don’t know how to handle. It is key at this point in your life that you discuss your frustrations and feelings, thoughts, anxieties and relationships before you jump forward. Talk with a professional if necessary. Don’t hold back with the professional. Get help. It is blessedly beneficial as you are traveling your growing up journey.
- Always look at your life and where you want to be in a couple of years? Change what you don’t like and work on better outcomes.
- Outcomes such as getting a job, any job while you are looking for your niche. ‘
- Another outcome could be starting a savings account . Just a small one at first.
- Have an open discussion with your parents and try to work together on making things work out while you are finding your way.
- God Bless everyone who can relate in anyway. Take care!
Always remember you are an adult now, act like one. Want respect you have to earn it. Enjoy the small changes that you make and look at each new day as an adventure.
This blog is a personal informational blog. It contains my opinions, does not reflect the opinion of organizations I am affiliated with . This blog does not contain professional advice, only suggestions, informational ideas and tips. If a reader relies on anything this blog it is at their own risk.
This blog may contain errors or mistakes. I reserve the right to change the blog and change my focus on content at any time.
Information found on this site related to Young Living essential oils, is meant for educational and informational purposes only. Not meant to cure, prevent or treat any diseases. Statement on this website has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication or have a medical condition consult your physician before using these products.