Safety Issues and how to handle essential oils. Safety in any business or industry is critical. The food industry, the clothing industry, the car industry etc.
Remember this is a lesson in learning all we can, going slowly to better understand. These are the basics:
- Be aware of safety precautions. Keep out of the reach of children.
- Store in a cool dark area.
- Always keep a carrier oil such as olive oil , coconut oil to treat a skin irritation. Do not flush an oil with water.
- Pregnant women always consult a physician or nurse practitioner before starting any type of a health program. If you become interested in any essential oils, be sure you have educated yourself thoroughly.
- Being treated for a medical condition, consult your physician before starting an essential oil.
- Use oils in very small amounts, a drop or few drops to be sure your skin does not react negatively.
- Children – use caution and check with your medical person about a child and essential oils. Some essentials oils are safe to use with children, some are not. Error on the side of caution and check with your physican.
- Do not put essential oils in your ear canal. May use around the ear.
- Do not use around eyes.
- Watch for allergic reactions.
- Before ingesting any oil, be sure it is supposed to be ingested. Check with your medical person before ingesting any oil, not listed as can be taken internally.
The above are just some things to remember when learning about essential oils. I know I have missed some. Err on the side of caution, as you begin to learn safely how to use essential oils.
Let me know under comments (on my blog) if you have question you have not had answered.
link below is to shop as a customer or to become a distributor.
Member number is listed.