Enchantment what an awesome word. Wish we could box it up and let everyone experience a bit of it. Here are some of my thoughts on that enchantment for the young and the old.
- Big shining eyes of small children filled with wonder.
- Magic of making holiday treats-frosting cookies, licking the frosting off your hands.
- Making kieffles. Those who have been around our family understand. Handing down a tradition.
- Decorating the tree and house- Being allowed to finally put ornaments on the tree yourself.
- Fascination associated with believing. You hate see it leave.
- Learning the true meaning of Christmas-the baby Jesus in the manager.
- Secrets –being let in on a grown up secret and showing everyone you can keep a secret.
- Wrapping gifts- having your own wrapping paper, tape, ribbon and tag. Carrying your present so proudly to put under the tree.
- Company-waiting for grandparents, family and friends to come. Enjoying being at home and having fun.
- Sharing – Taking dinner to someone who lives alone, sending cards, getting to make your own cards to mail, going through your clothes and toys and donating them to a thrift store.
- Admiration, praise and respect for those in the military and their families. Praying for all of them.
It really is a wonderful time of the year. Especially if it snows right around Christmas. Christmas Eve always looks so pretty and peaceful if it snows just before Santa comes. Like a live picture card. No ice please.
Always will remember the year when my mother had redecorated the bathroom in pink and black. I know, but it honestly looked pretty good. She was a delightful lady. Anyway I digress her Christmas present from our father that year was a brand new pink toilet seat, in its place of honor under the tree. It brought smiles to all our faces for many a year.
Memories are such fun! Happy Holidays to each and every one.#families#wonder#ornaments#wrappinggifts#wrappingbiggifts#donation.
This blog contains affiliated links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. If you click on any one of my links and make a purchase, I will receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
The above affiliate statement applies to any affiliate.
This blog is a personal informational blog. It contains my opinions, does not reflect the opinion of any organization I am affiliated with. This blog does not contain professional advice, only suggestions, informational ideas and tips. If a readers relies on anything in this blog it is at their own risk. This blog may contain mistakes and errors. I reserve the right to change this blog and change my focus or content at any time.
Information found on this site related to Young Living Essential Oils , is meant for educational and informational purposes only. Not meant to cure, prevent or treat any disease. Statements on this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using these products.
Want to join the Young Living Essential Oils adventure? Become a member here!
Looking for Young Living products for you and your home? Shop here!
One response to “10 Things That Create The Enchantment of The Holidays – updated from December 2018”
There’s nothing like seeing Christmas through the eyes of a child that make you see how enchanting Christmas time really is!