We are all saying thank goodness this quarantine situation is almost over, we hope. Pat yourself on your back if you did a really good job of following the rules, with a smile on your face most of the time and a big thank you to everyone who helped us all.
The big word around is to learn to be frugal. So if you are going to try and do that I have a few suggestions listed below
Everyone is writing about, talking about # living frugally, but what does that actually entail? It is not something that is easy to do, it is like an #acquired taste and takes time to perfect.
Can you define frugal? Understand what it means to become frugal? One of the definitions of frugal is economical, thrifty. Right from Webster’s New American Dictionary.
Do you even have a working budget? Can you account for all the income coming into your home and going out? Are you prepared for a pandemic , such as what we just went through . What have you learned from going thru this pandemic. What has your family learned?
What I am doing is coming up with ideas of what being frugal means . They may be totally different from yours, however we all should know the basic is learning to live on less. Which is good as we in the United States sometimes waste more than we should.
Below are my thoughts. I hope they may be of value to you.
- Shopping – do not buy non essential items when shopping. Things to wear or things for the home.
- List – take a list to the grocery store. Trick is only buy what is on your list and retreat swiftly. What about a garden?
- Budget as mentioned above. Key to learning how to live frugally! Break down income versus expenses. Takes some real soul searching to get this right. Lots of experts out on the internet who are good with budget areas.
- Utilities- Get on the budget plan! You must however pay routinely on the budget plan. Miss payments and utility companies are not happy.
- Car- maintain your car! You will not help your ability to live frugally with a new car payment.
- Smoking, what a perfect time to consider stopping. Not the right time you say, but honestly when is the right time. Little story- I was a heavy smoker and needed to stop. Stopped cold turkey and a few days later, I found out I was pregnant with #6 child and promptly began gaining a lot of weight. Talk about not the right time. Let me say I was very difficult to live with. Good that came of that-A boy after 5 girls and I am so glad I stopped smoking.
- Charity – don’t forget that part of frugal. Share what you can, it will make you feel better.
- No job! Take a job, any job, to help you through these trying times.
- Start an old fashioned, what I call a Christmas club and do not touch it.
Ok the above are just a start. I am sure you can add tons to this list. What a perfect time to begin, while you try to get your life back to normal. Take one day at a time. Don’t say it once say it as many times as you need. One day at a time.
Don’t forget to try an essential oil. There are really some great oils out there.
This blog contains affiliated links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. If you click on any one of my links and make a purchase, I will receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
The above affiliate statement applies to any affiliate.
This blog is a personal informational blog. It contains my opinions, does not reflect the opinion of any organization I am affiliated with. This blog does not contain professional advice, only suggestions, informational ideas and tips. If a readers relies on anything in this blog it is at their own risk. This blog may contain mistakes and errors. I reserve the right to change this blog and change my focus or content at any time.
Information found on this site related to Young Living Essential Oils , is meant for educational and informational purposes only. Not meant to cure, prevent or treat any disease. Statements on this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using these products.
Want to join the Young Living Essential Oils adventure? Become a member here!
Looking for Young Living products for you and your home? Shop here!