Beautiful new great grand baby, Elena Marie. Sweet, pretty, eyes open, most of the time, looking at who ever is holding her, lots of nice black hair. She generously held court at our house, this last Saturday. We only had one little ( could have been big) problem. The forgotten diaper bag. One of our daughters laughingly said, don’t you have an emergency bag at your house!
Her grandfather went to the store and got a small bag of diapers. Her uncle, said I have a small bag of diapers at home that someone bought for gag birthday gift for me. So we were covered.
Moral of the story, we will be fixing up an emergency bag for our house. Now here is what we are going to put in that bag:
- Buy a bag or make a bag. Haven’t decided what to do yet.
- A changing pad to lie the baby on, so she can be changed anywhere.
- A blanket for Mom to throw over her shoulder for some privacy, if nursing.
- An emergency small bottle in case we are no longer nursing ,but ready to start on formula. A can of formula,.
- Diapers – a small bag of diapers to get us through a crisis situation.
- Wipes, to keep the bottom area clean.
- Small jar of vaseline, to soothe the bottom.
- A pacifier. I am a believer in pacificers. Baby has been fed, burped, nice and dry, but crying . Why not make them comfortable. Maybe a nap is in order.
- Change of outfit, including a onsie, in case of a throw up. Maybe a baby blanket.
That is what my emergency diaper bag is going to have in it. We will keep it at our house and as our family continues to grow, it will get tons of use.
This blog contains affiliated links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. If you click on any one of my links and make a purchase, I will receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
This blog is a personal informational blog. It contains my opinions, does not reflect the opinion of any organization I am affiliated with. This blog does not contain professional advice, only suggestions, informational ideas and tips. If a readers relies on anything in this blog it is at their own risk. This blog may contain mistakes and errors. I reserve the right to change this blog and change my focus or content at any time.
Information found on this site related to Young Living Essential Oils , is meant for educational and informational purposes only. Not meant to cure, prevent or treat any disease. Statements on this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using these products. Do not use essential oils on infants.
Want to join the Young Living Essential Oils adventure? Become a member here!
Looking for Young Living products for you and your home? Shop here!